Call for entries for the 2019 Triangle Comics Creator Network Comics Anthology
The TCCN Comics Anthology is a new publication designed to showcase comics made by creators of all ages and experience levels who live in and around Durham, Orange, and Wake Counties. Submissions to the anthology are now being accepted! Revised 7/28/19
The Triangle Comics Creator Network is organized by Durham County Library and Chapel Hill Public Library and is funded by the Friends of the Durham Library with additional support from Atomic Empire. More information about the Network can be found at durhamcomicsfest.org/tccn.
The information below and in these PDFs was published 7/28/19; in the event of revisions, changes will be noted in both formats.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
August 15, 2019
submission requirements and applicant eligibility
- Two size formats are valid for submission:
- Two separate pages of work, which, if selected, will be printed on facing pages at 6″ x 6″ each.
- A single 2-page spread of work, which, if selected, will be printed across facing pages in the form of a single 13″ x 6″ image.
- Each submission will be printed on facing pages in black-and-white and grayscale.
- Traditional and digitally-created works are welcome.
- Applicants under the age of 18 years must have express permission to participate by a parent or legal guardian.
- Submitted works must be the sole property of the applicant(s).
- For collaborative works, each contributing party must apply, but the work will be considered as a single submission.
- Applicants are NOT required to be members of the Triangle Comics Creator Network.
- NOT ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE SELECTED FOR PUBLICATION.
- Original artwork should be created at print size or larger but must be in proportion to the print size.
- For digital submissions, 300 DPI/PPI/LPI is the ideal resolution.
- Because the final publication will be printed in black-and-white and grayscale, it is recommended that submissions are black-and-white or grayscale as well. Color submissions are allowed but reproduction quality cannot be guaranteed and may be a factor in the selection process.
- Title and creator information will be printed on the page outside of the 6″ x 6″ artwork areas whether or not this information is included in the artwork itself.
- Because this anthology is intended as a showcase of Triangle-based creators in 2019, we encourage submissions to be new or recently-created works.
- So that all participants can reach the widest possible audience, all submissions should keep to an approximate “G” or “PG” rating.
- We will make every effort to reproduce the artwork faithfully, but differences between original and reproduced artwork may occur.
Selection and publication information
- Submissions will be selected by a group of editors, and NOT ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PUBLICATION.
- Artists who submit work will be notified whether they are selected prior to the publication’s initial release at Zine Machine 2019 (October 13, 2019; more info at zinemachinefest.com).
- Copyright of all submitted works, whether or not they are included in the final publication, will be held by their respective creators. Copyright of the collection (but not its constituent works) will be held by Durham County Library. This information will be clearly indicated within the publication.
- Selected works may be used to publicize the collection in print and online venues.
- Selected contributors will receive 2 copies of the finished publication.
- Pricing will be between $1 and $5, depending on production details of the final publication. Profits of the publication will benefit the Friends of the Durham Library, the primary source funding for the Triangle Comics Creator Network.
How to submit
- Original artwork may be dropped off in person at Durham County’s Southwest Regional Library (3605 Shannon Rd. in Durham). For hours of operation, visit durhamcountylibrary.org or call 919-560-8590. We will coordinate with you to return your artwork as soon as possible after scanning. Applicants submitting physical artwork must fill out a submission form when dropping off artwork, or may download this PDF to fill out beforehand.
- Scans and digital art must be submitted in the form below; see form for technical details.
For questions about submissions or anything else related to the TCCN Comics Anthology, contact Patrick Holt at 919-560-8648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.