- H.P. Moorecraft: On the Ending of Providence (at The Comics Journal)
- <a href="http://www.tcj.com/hawkeye-supercut/"Hawkeye Supercut (at The Comics Journal)
- My Friend Dave (at The Comics Journal)
- “Hawkeye by Matt Fraction and David Aja,” in Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: Heroes and Superheroes, Second Edition, edited by Bart Beaty and Stephen Weiner (Salem Press, 2018).
- “The Foot in Nixon’s Mouth: Stan VanDerBeek, Terry Gilliam, and Black Mountain Collage,” Appalachian Journal 44.1-2 (2018), 512-519.
- “Comics and Film,” in The Routledge Companion to Comics Studies, edited by Aaron Meskin, Frank Bramlett, and Roy T. Cook (Routledge, 2016), 339-347.
- “Crystal’s Face,” in Comic Book Apocalypse: The Graphic World of Jack Kirby, edited by Charles Hatfield and Ben Saunders (IDW Publishing, 2015), 34-39.
- “Provocation Through Polyphony: Kyle Baker’s Nat Turner,” in The Blacker the Ink: African Americans and Comic Books, Graphic Novels and Sequential Art, edited by Frances Gateward and John Jennings (Rutgers University Press, 2015), 255-273.
- Kids (12 and under)
- Teens (13-17)
- Adults (18 and up)
- Organizing / behind the scenes
I can teach many different classes and workshops about the history of comics, and I've appeared on comicon panels at events like Charlotte's Heroes Con, Bethesda's Small Press Expo, and San Diego Comicon.